- Joining the pension
Get the most from your pension
- Use the tools
- Boost your pension
- Approaching retirement
- Contribution options
- Investment choices
- Documents and FAQ
Choose your own funds
What are your options?
The Trustee and its advisers have chosen a range of investment funds they think are appropriate if you don't want to invest in the low-involvement option - the Centrica Gateway Strategy.
When you are selecting how you will invest the contributions made to the Plan, it can be helpful to consider your attitude to different types of investment risk. In particular, the effect of inflation on the value of your savings over time and how the volatility of an investment means that the value of your savings can fluctuate up or down in the short term.
The Trustee and its advisers have set out below some examples of how volatility and inflation risks might impact members. They've also indicated what factors members might consider when choosing their investment funds.
These examples don't cover all possible circumstances but will help you in making your decision. They're also not investment advice. If you’re not sure which funds are right for you, you should get help from a financial adviser.
Any choices you make now aren’t set in stone. You're in control and you can change your investments if you want - so you’re not committing yourself forever.
Things to be aware of
- Before you choose an investment fund, make sure you understand its aims and risks
- As with any investment, the value can go up or down, and may be worth less than the amount that was paid in
- There are investment funds with effective total annual fund charges ranging from 0.30% to 1.41% - you should understand what you are paying extra for by looking at the funds' factsheets - linked from the fund names below. You can also find out more about charges on the what are the charges page
- Remember, the Trustee isn't recommending that these funds are suitable for everyone
- Standard Life is not responsible for the examples shown below
To help you make an informed decision we've provided you with important information that you should read. You should print or save copies of these documents for future reference.
Read this guide for more information about the Centrica Savings Plan.
Please update your beneficiaries for your lump sum death benefit payment online via MyPension Hub (Workday - External Benefits).
If you have left employment with Centrica please complete this form to nominate beneficiaries.
Read this guide, provided by the Trustee of the Centrica Savings Plan, if you are thinking about buying an annuity. Standard Life is not responsible for the content.
The Trustee of the Centrica Savings Plan has provided a newsletter for its members. Standard Life is not responsible for the content.